Monday, September 23, 2013

Oh dear, oh dear, where is my wallet?

The other day I was at the library, just shuffling around everywhere. Usually when I go to the library to do work I sit down and don't move, but this time I was like a bumblebee, moving around everywhere (printing station, asking for white out, bathroom, etc). Then at one point I had to enter my credit card number for a purchase...when I realized my big fat wallet with all my credit and bank cards, some dollar bills, and tons of receipts and random useless membership cards was no where to be found!

Ever the one to fear causing a scene, I calmly searched the entire second floor for my wallet.

But it was gone.

In my hail mary attempt I went and asked if the library has a lost and found. The librarian chucked and responded:
"Why? Did you lose your wallet?"

And before I could even describe my wallet--which is often the standard operating procedure for proving a lost item is actually yours--the guy at the counter handed me my wallet. I almost started crying out of relief! Apparently a reference desk librarian had found it near the printing station. (I knew it!)

In hindsight I guess you don't need to really prove a wallet is yours when it has your IDs inside...

The world is still a good place.
-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment