Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mini New York Color Haul!


Well, I just can't say no to a great deal.

Recently I picked up a few items from New York Colors.

Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms
I really like these. They are very moisturizing and rather sheer in color. It seems that the word sheer has become a con for the beauty industry, but these remind me of the old school tinted moisturizers whose primary goal was to moisturize the lip and the tint was just a bonus.


Apple Blueberry Pie and Big Apple Red show up on the lip the most while the others are quite sheer. On my lips, it's pretty hard to distinguish between Pink Lady and Caramel Apple on my lips. If you have really light pink lips, they may show differently, but my lips are naturally darker, mauvy pink colored.

My favorite one is ironically not pictured here (I'm sorry!) It's Apple Blossom. It looks similar to Apple Blueberry Pie in the tube, but is more sheer and more of a natural lip-pink. I love it! It's tinted enough to boost my lip color, but sheer enough that I'm not self-conscious about it looking too magenta pink.

Here are the swatches:


City Duet 2in1 The Cafe Cuties (429)
True story: the one genre of makeup I've never ventured into is lipsticks. I generally don't like to look too done, and feel that because my lips are so thin, lipsticks rarely look good on me. But I always want them. Recently I've been really wanting some pretty pink, coral, and/or nude lipsticks so picked this item up after seeing some swatches. So far, LOVE IT! It goes on really smoothly, and is decently moisturizing, and gives my lips kind of a tan nude finish. It works for me. It makes my lips look nice and primped, and works well with my skin tone.


Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
Finally this last product needs no introduction.



Cheers,
Katherine

1 comment:

  1. […] know, once I get obsessed with something I can’t stop. Since getting the N.Y.C. Applelicious Lip Balms last week I am full on obsessed with lip products now. This week I picked up a couple of Wet n Wild […]

    ReplyDelete