Sunday, September 22, 2013

Revlon Nail Enamel in 610 Charismatic


To tell you the truth I only bought this polish because it came in a package of two Revlon polishes and I really wanted the other color... Usually pearly or metallic polishes always take the backseat to either pastel or juicy colors, but I decided to give this baby a try because I'm trying to be an equal opportunity polish lover.

I've now had this on for a couple of days now, and I have to report that I am rather surprised by how much I've come to like this color.

The sheen on this polish is fairly subtle; the light is reflected in these photos and really exaggerates the metallic nature, but in person the pearly reflection is very understated.

Grr bubbles...


Is this an awfully awkward position to showcase nails? I'm not a good hand model!!
These photos are from one base coat (OPI) and two coats of the Revlon. I found the formula to be extremely easy to apply. I found just one coat to be actually pretty wearable; it just looked a softer orange, but was not streaky. I prefer two coats because it made the orange more vibrant. But speaking of orange, the reason I've come to really like this polish is because depending on the lighting, it can actually look more coral, and somehow my hands look more tan as result!

As for the formula although the polish dried very quickly to the touch, it didn't harden very fast. About an hour after finishing my nails I was opening a package and a gentle nudge caused a pretty deep slash on my thumb nail....

Are you a fan of pearl/metallic colors?
-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment