Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I got me some masksssssss


In my sudden obsession for skincare I've been on a hunt to try new products and come up with a new collection of skin care products that will really take care of my skin and covers a good range of skincare needs. Prior to this mini shopping spree I had maybe three skin care products and none of them I really loved or believe did much for my skin, so needless to say this research-and-shop phase has been a lot of fun.

Facial masks are actually the final group of skin care products I researched because I've never really understood what they do or how they work. I'm still not exactly sure, but the other day I tried out my mom's Shiseido the Skincare Purifying Mask and my skin felt...cleaner and more alive! After that I figured, meh, why not start with some budget-friendly drugstore facial masks. These are the three I bought:

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque: Boy, this was actually kind of a challenge to find, as there's only about five Walgreens and TWO Ulta in all of Los Angeles apparently, and of course, none of them are located between work and home. (In comparison, there are as many CVS as Starbucks almost!) No matter, it was worth the extra miles. So far I am really liking this mask. It goes on pastel green, smells minty fresh like toothpaste, and has a pretty noticeable cooling effect. When it dries it doesn't feel like my skin got over-dried and it's pretty easy to wash off. The best part of using this mask--by far--is that it minimizes the size of my pores!!! I didn't pay much attention right after use, but the next morning when I looked in the mirror I was like whoa, where are my pores?!? Major brownie points for that!

Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Anti-Stress Facial Mask and Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Facial Mask: I combined these two into one because the other day I put one on the left side and the other on the right side and from application to post-wash off I really couldn't tell the difference. I kind of see these two as my just-for-fun masks when my skin is doing okay and doesn't really have any major problems I need to tend to. These two products are in the same shade of color as their respective bottles and both have the traditional clay mask texture. When these dry on my face my face feels extremely tight...I basically cannot move my face. Is that what too much botox feels like?? It's also a bit harder to wash off in comparison to the Queen Helene mask, but afterward my skin feels so soft and smooth. I couldn't stop touching my face afterward! I haven't found the effect to really carry over to the next day, but for a little over $3 I'm okay with that.
---

I'm thinking of getting a mask from SkinFood, either the Black Sugar Mask or the Rice Mask...have you guys tried them out? I've heard nothing but raves about those masks... And when I'm ready to splurge again I'll probably try the REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask per recommendation from a friend. Do you guys have masks you love? I would love to get some recommendations!
Cheers,
Katherine

1 comment: