Saturday, September 28, 2013

Review/Estée Lauder Unboxing: Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Cleansing Gelée


You had me at "hello." 
Jerry Maguire, anyone?

Two or so weeks ago Estée Lauder was having a four-hour promotion of their Advanced Night Repair serum that would accompany any purchase from Estée Lauder. I have been eyeing their night creams recently, but I hadn't had the chance to really research them or test a sample, so I ended up ordering a cleanser. I got the Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Cleansing Gelée (200ml) for $25. I felt that the price was very reasonable (in comparison, the La Roche-Posay Toleriane cleanser I currently use is $23.99) and figured I couldn't go terribly wrong with a gel cleanser. The reviews were generally positive, with a couple of people who I guess much preferred their old formula, but that didn't really detract me from this product because I can't really long for a discontinued item.

Before my quick review, I actually wanted to share with you the unboxing because the packaging was so luxurious! A little confession, whenever I order from online, if they offer free gift-packaging, I always opt in. Why not get it gift packaged? Just because you're buying something for yourself doesn't mean it can't look pretty!


Estee Lauder Shipping Box


Estee Lauder Gift Box 1


Estee Lauder Gift Box 2


Estee Lauder Gift Box 3


Estee Lauder Gift Box 4


Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Advanced Night Repair Mascara

On top of the promotional gift, they also had their regular bonus offers, so I chose their Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara. Haven't tried it out yet though.

I am definitely loving the gel cleanser so far. It's cooling at first, and there are tiny exfoliating beads that burst while you're massaging the gel on your face and the gel starts to foam. There's a decent amount of foam, very comparable to traditional foaming cleansers.

I often use a small amount of this cleanser after I use a foaming cleanser to do my first "makeup/grime-removing" wash because strong cream foaming cleansers tend to leave a weird residue on my face that I don't much care for. After using this cleanser my face just feels fresh, hydrated and cleansed, without any residue or tight/over-dried feeling.

Absolutely would recommend this cleanser!

Have you tried this cleanser? What are your favorite high end cleansers?
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment