Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast: Club Havana

I am finally getting around to using the polishes I got from the Wet n Wild Megalast basket I told you guys about a few posts ago!

Color:
This is an opaque true orange polish. The first coat offers great color, but I prefer to use two coats on my nails because I like the vibrancy and almost gel-like look.


At first I wasn't sure I'd really like this color because orange isn't that flattering to wear on my skin tone, but so far I am really liking this color. Because the color is so vibrant it works with my skin and adds a cute pop of color.

Brush:
It goes without saying that color and consistency are important features to judge a nail polish, but I just love really wide polish brushes and the Megalast polishes offer just that. I can cover all my fingernails with just two brush strokes, my pinky with just one stroke, and my thumb with three. These wide brushes allow me to save time and give better control during application.

These brushes are very similar to the ones on Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure as you can see below, but the bristles are thicker, more coarse, and more flexible. The Wet n Wild brush is approximately the same width, but is thicker if you look from the side. 
Left: Wet n Wild Megalast
Right: Sally Hansen
Top: Wet n Wild Megalast
Bottom: Sally Hansen
Top: Wet n Wild Megalast
Bottom: Sally Hansen
I prefer the Sally Hansen brush more because the less flexible bristles allow for more control, but that's if I'm really nitpicking. Overall I think the Wet n Wild brush is really excellent and I definitely prefer these to the traditional round brushes.

Overall, very happy with this polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment