Monday, October 14, 2013

Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm


It certainly doesn't look like it right now, but I actually rarely wear lip products. Right now I'm not adventurous enough to wear anything out of the nude to soft/mauvy pink range and I usually feel too self-conscious to apply lip products in public. (Anyone else out there also self-conscious about applying lipstick in public? It's such a "classic sexy Hollywood" scene!) In addition, I'm constantly eating, snacking, and sipping on tea or coffee that lip color gets wiped away pretty quickly...there's almost no point in buying lip makeup. But I let myself get curious and look at the pretty colors...and google swatches... Next thing you know I'm taking these photos for you guys. Where are you, self-control?!

Ah well. Let's just enjoy the pretty pictures, shall we?

L to R: Blooming Balm, Pink Pout, Lilac Love, Cantaloupe Cream, Apricot Pucker


L to R: Blooming Balm, Pink Pout, Lilac Love, Cantaloupe Cream, Apricot Pucker

---Swatches & review below---


L to R: Blooming Balm, Pink Pout, Lilac Love, Cantaloupe Cream, Apricot Pucker

L to R: Blooming Balm, Pink Pout, Lilac Love, Cantaloupe Cream, Apricot Pucker

L to R: Blooming Balm, Pink Pout, Lilac Love, Cantaloupe Cream

L to R: Pink Pout, Lilac Love, Cantaloupe Cream, Apricot Pucker

Packaging: I love how cute these tubes are. These are shorter than most of the drugstore lipgloss tubes, and similar in width to the Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses. The design of these tubes stay true to the Almay brand image, which to me has always been a combination of simple, natural, and clean.

The applicator is a doe foot wand: very easy to use.

Color: Despite how beautiful and opaque they look in the tube, the color is on the sheer side. From the swatches you can see a little bit of the thickness of the application I made in order to show you the colors...but of course on lips you wouldn't use that much, and when a normal amount is applied the opacity decreases. You will be able to see the color, but these glosses are not the type that completely covers your natural lip color. For me this is not a problem--I like subtle makeup.

Texture: I don't find these to be sticky and they are pretty moisturizing, as they promise.

Scent: There's a bit of vanilla? Not that subtle, but not overwhelming...I love the scent!

Summary: I am a big fan of these for everyday wear. They feel great on the lips, are not sticky, and adds a wearable amount of color and shine to the lips.

Have you tried them? What are your thoughts?

-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment