Friday, October 18, 2013

Do you drink tea?


I am a recent tea convert.

I used to drink coffee everyday, but one day while making my perfect cup o' joe just felt utterly ridiculous about the amount of sugar and creamer I was using. So I tried tea instead and never looked back. I still add honey and cream to my tea, but not nearly as much as when I make my coffee.

I feel great about the change--I'm not staining my teeth and I'm absorbing all the health benefits.

Read below for a short blurb about what I've tried so far!

tea bags

TAZO Awake English Breakfast--Here is your standard black tea. This is one of my go-to flavor in the morning. Black tea is savory. It's rich and full in flavor, with a tint of sweetness. Within the tea realm it's almost malty. Can't go wrong with this one; it's full of taste and very soothing.

BIGELOW Green Tea--I used to love green tea, but these days I'm finding it not strong enough in taste. Green tea tastes a bit grassy, in a good way, but when combined with milk and honey it can sometimes be overpowered.

BIGELOW Cozy Chamomile Herb Tea--Oh how I love chamomile tea! If you've never tried before, this flowery tea is a must. It really is the most calming and 'luxurious' in scent and taste.

BIGELOW I Love Lemon Herb Tea--I didn't think I would really enjoy lemon flavored tea, but I was pleasantly surprised. While I don't find myself reaching for this everyday, the moderately strong, citrusey flavor is a great wake-me-up on some days.

BIGELOW Mint Medley (not pictured)--This one I'm still on the fence about. I like a lot of minty coffee based drinks, but because tea is so light to begin with, the cooling sensation is more apparent. Sometimes even though I'm drinking hot tea, I can still feel the distinct cooling aftereffect. Sometimes that's not exactly what I want from tea.

LIPTON 100% Natural Black Tea--This is my go-to tea bag because it's the cheapest, and on regular days I drink tea almost out of habit and for hydration. Even though it's so affordable the flavor is quite abundant! I will definitely be stocking up on these.

Do you guys drink tea? What are your favorite types?

-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment