Saturday, October 5, 2013

Two Olay Cleansers with Micro-Beads

Olay cleansers with micro-beads
Olay is probably my absolute favorite drugstore skincare brand, so naturally whenever the need arises for me to replace a product or a new skincare need develops I naturally gravitate toward Olay products. I recently picked up these two products with high expectations.

I bought these two a couple of weeks apart, and was surprised by the similarity of these two products. From the very light consistency to the tiny microbeads to the lack of foaming power these two cleansers are very very similar. It's almost as if they made one new cleanser and two bottles--one for people concerned with anti-aging and one for the younger market.

We've all used creamy cleansers that lather up a huge foam. These are not like those. The cream is almost watered down, and is not creamy at all. I hesitate to make strong absolute statements, but I am fairly certain that these do not lather up any foam.

The microbeads in these cleansers are truly tiny. The beads are definitely noticeable, but it wasn't overly abundant, and I did not worry that my skin was being harshly exfoliated.

Lastly, both cleansers had noticeable scent. The Regenerist cleanser was citrusy/floral, and the Fresh Effects cleanser was floral. For the most part I either like scent, or is not bothered by it, but I know that for some that may is a factor to consider. Neither scent was offensive in my opinion.

Overall while I did not dislike either, I am a bit disappointed that Olay made these. To me they were almost too gentle as to be borderline ineffective. I really expect more from cream cleansers and these felt as effective as foam cleansers at really cleaning. (Personal Opinion Disclaimer: I feel that foam cleansers are generally waaaay too gentle for removal of makeup, grime, etc. and for me is only useful for morning cleanse.) I still love Olay, but I will not be repurchasing these.
-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment