Sunday, October 13, 2013

Summer / Fall 2013 Cleanser Collection

cleansers-summer


Caroline Hirons suggests having a couple of cleansers to use in rotation so I drafted my lineup a few months ago and it includes four products. I tried a good number of cleansers before finalizing my lineup, and I've been extremely happy with all of these products and my collection as a whole.

Cleansing Practices:

I cleanse once in the morning and twice at night. Unless there is something really urgent I need to tend to, I always wash my face to remove makeup as soon as I get home. I literally walk in my front door, put my stuff down, change out of my work clothes, and head to the bathroom to wash my face.

I don't have a system regarding when I use each of these products. I generally just go by how my skin is feeling or how I'm feeling. Generally I use a nickel-sized amount of product and lather using my hands. I focus mainly from my temple to along my jawline and underneath because those are my problem area for blemishes. After I'm done working the lather I use a wet muslin cloth to wipe away the lather while exfoliating my skin. Lastly I splash some more water on my face to get rid of any leftover soapy residues.

Products:

Cetaphil DermaControl Foam Wash / AM / Foam
I use this in the morning because it's really too gentle for anything other than washing off (please excuse this gross detail) whatever residue is built up during sleep. It leaves a barely noticeable thin film that serves to matte-fy my skin, which is great in preparation for the long day ahead.

Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser for sensitive skin / AM&PM / Gel
This is an amazingly gentle, light, refreshing cleanser. It leaves face feeling not squeaky and yet very clean and ready to breathe. This is my go-to cleanser once or twice a week in the morning and almost every night as my first cleanse or both cleanses.

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser / PM / Cream
This is what I consider to be my 'big gun' as far as cleansers are concerned. It has ridiculous foaming power, and is an extremely effective cleanser. This is what I use when I've put my skin through a long day, or feel that my skin needs a sort of restart. It leaves my skin more squeaky clean than the Clean and Clear cleanser, but it is gentle enough to use twice in a day or everyday. For me, I tend to use this only once or twice a week because it can feel a bit drying.

Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Cleansing Gelee / PM / Gel with microbeads
To me this is a mix of the Clean & Clear and La Roche-Posay cleanser because it starts off as a cool gel cleanser and as you work the product the beads pop and the cleanser foams quite a bit. I have started using this almost every Sunday night.

Do you also have a cleanser rotation or do you stick to one? What are your favorite cleansers?

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment